1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Internet Issues

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by iHaveQuestions, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iHaveQuestions

iHaveQuestions Thread Starter

I recently got a new laptop and every security code (captcha codes) I enter, I always get an error that says the code is wrong. It happens on every single site. I also have trouble trying to sign up to certain websites like istockphoto.com

However, when I tried on a different laptop all the captcha codes worked and I could sign up to istockphoto. I think there's something wrong with my laptop, does anyone have any ideas?

I'm using Google Chrome, and on both laptops they share the exact same settings but nothing works on my new laptop.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the settings for cookies. Many sites use cookies to mark that someone has logged in or entered the correct information.

3. iHaveQuestions

Cookies are enabled.
    And both settings are exactly matched up for both laptops. And since it works on my old laptop, but not my new one - I'm assuming it isn't the Chrome setting issues.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

The 2 can't be the same or it would work.

Chrome uses IE for all its settings, so that is where cookies need to be enabled. Security software can sometimes block cookies, too, if there is a setting for that.

5. iHaveQuestions

I specifically changed all the settings on Google Chrome on my new laptop to match up, I even deleted the extensions that came with my new laptop. And I have Norton Anti Virus but I disabled it to see if things would work but it still doesn't.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice