1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Issue, hopefully someone can help :) thanks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lance4prez, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance4prez

Lance4prez Thread Starter

Hey guys!!! Hoping this is a simple and common issue, but probably not lol. Sooooo I built a computer for gaming a few months ago and I have not had any issues up until now. I was playing Ring of Elysium (PC game on steam) and it started lagging until my computer finally shut down and gave me a blue screen of death. The error code was *BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO*. I couldn't get it to boot up so I put windows 10 on a usb and reinstalled windows. Played for a while, then I got a *Critical Process Died* error. I have looked up a few things online and made sure to unplug my HDD and only use my SSD while booting and installing the windows again. I got CC cleaner and used the registry cleanup thing as well. I made sure all my drivers are up to date manually using device manager (no third party programs). Everything has been going good but when I went to restart my computer this time, I got a "Disk read error occured" error. I was able to just press control/alt/delete and restart it and it let me in, but my computer was acting really really slow. Is it possible that it is my SSD? All of my components are fairly new but I am just looking for some input or advice. I would really really appreciate it. I constantly check my temperatures to make sure they are good while gaming. P.S. In the process of all this crap happening, I made sure to flash my bios as well. I also made sure my power settings were good. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, i'll be here checking often. Thanks so so so much.

Mobo: Asus Maximus x Hero
    Ram: 16gb of Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200
    GPU: EVGA 1080 SC
    PSU: EVGA 750w Gold Plated
    CPU: I7-8700k Coffee Lake
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i Liquid CPU Cooler
    SSD: Intel 545 2.5" 512gb SATA

2. replay

replay

Take out the power & data plug on the ssd u have Windows on and do a clean install on the other ssd
    Now see if issue persists

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice