Weird mouse behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wolfworx

I use a KVM to share I/O of three computers running Vista. XP Home and XP pro. The set up has worked without a problem for several years, but recently something very odd started to occur. On occasion, while using the mouse on the Vista computer, it suddenly goes nuts -- pointer disappears, moves erratically, starts outputting 3's at the cursor point etc. If I switch to another computer, the mouse behaves normally there. When I switch back to the Vista computer, the mouse again behaves normally.

This "Wacky Mouse" event happens randomly, only occasionally and not on the same program or operation, but it is annoying. It has not occurred in the past and does not happen on the XP computers. KVM problem? Maybe I should try switching ports and see if it occurs when I am using one of the other two computers, but if it still happens on the Vista could it be software related?:confused:

wolfworx

Another thought. Weird mouse behavior only happens on the computer that uses a USB to PS/2 adapter. That computer had no PS/2s for mouse and keyboard. Needed the adapter to connect to the KVM. Could that be the cause of erratic behavior? Have not had the problem since a recent reboot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online