Weird movement of Logitech Trackball Mouse

cuttlefish

Ian
Using Win 10 on my PC, I have a faithful old Logitech Trackball Mouse that is at least 15 years old and has never missed a beat until now. All the mouse and windows updates have been installed.

In the last couple of months I've noticed that it seems to reverse the chosen action in a spoilt second; an example being that putting a tick in a check box, as soon as I check the box, the cross or tick instantly appears then disappears just as fast.

Likewise, it goes mad when I try to block a number of items like files, pics etc. using File Explorer. As soon as I block them all it instantly drops back to the unblocked view. It does the same in MS Word, Outlook, everywhere ...................... I've occasionally found that even a single left click will suddenly block an entire page of text or a single line/paragraph, really weird! I've found the keyboard SHIFT Key and the UP/DOWN arrows work as they should so definitely a mouse issue. I've also uninstalled through Device Manager, reinstalled etc etc all to no success. Been into Logitech Setpoint but nothing to see there .......................

I figured it was just my faithful old mouse getting old but my wife has a totally independent PC running Win10 and the exact same mouse so I was kind of surprised when after messing about on it to find the identical issues as were on mine! Bit hard to believe that they both developed the same problems at the same time so wondering if a Windows update could be the problem.

Logitech Support, being pretty well non existent in Australia, haven't as yet responded to my submitted cases, as usual!

Any help appreciated.

All I can think to say is that your trackball is a mechanical device, much like the earlier ball mouse. Nowadays all mice are optical/laser.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts