1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

weird networking problems; auto updates?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bhawkins, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhawkins

bhawkins Thread Starter

i have 4 computers on a network all with xp. this weekend i installed peachtree quantum on all 4 machines, & windows live anti virus on 2 of them. everything worked fine until 4 hours ago.

one of the dell's cant connect to the network. somehow file sharing was turned off. i turned it back on but it cant see the network. i ran network install wizard, it seemed to wok for a minute, & then the network disappeared. if i go to explorer & network places the network doesnt show up. i've restarted, no luck. i got the error message 'generic host process for win32 services" & "server service is not started"

half an hour ago the other another dell computer developed the same symptons.

windows live says i dont have a virus. both machines with the problem have windows live so i uninstalled live on one machine, no luck.

i've set my machines to automaticaaly install updates, could this be the problem? what should i try next?

tia,

2. Dan O

Dan O

Did you delete all network connections before ranning the network install wizard?

If no, try it so you start with a clean slate.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

The two computers that will not see the network are these the ones that have the Live on them? If so try using the system restore and go back to before you installed the LIVE.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice