1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Pause in games

Discussion in 'Games' started by nvrsummer2, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2 Thread Starter

I am having a weird pause in my games kinda like lag but during single player games. It happens every 2-3 seconds. (Vampires-Bloodlines) I Just installed that one and noticed the problems. Half life 2 ran just fine before but now im getting the stutter. I turned of all uneccesary programs and have updated all drivers. Specs are below.

P4 2.0ghz
    Radeon 9600xt w/catalyst 5.1
    768RAM
    Soundblaster audigy 2 zs

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

I was having that too, what resolution are you playing the game at?

3. nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2 Thread Starter

I used 1024x768, then i tried the next highest. Do you also have half life 2? I know they use the same game engine so there problems might be related. I turned down all the details and features to no effect. Its like something is running that i cant see. But If you say you have the same problem maybe its the game and not my comp.

4. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Ya, hl2 ran fine for me. I played vampire at 800x600 and that resolved my issues. I also set my monitor to 60hz refresh rate

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice