1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird pcalua.exe startup tasks - can I disable these?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by izombie7, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izombie7

izombie7 Thread Starter

I've read pcalau.exe is a process that is used by windows and is good. But for some reason looking at my startup (with ccleaner) I'm noticing two odd processes under the "scheduled tasks" startup category. Here they are:

Task {715C1C19-2E51-4A43-B0D2-9CF2298C3978} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a G:\podcasts\avgarkt-setup.exe -d G:\podcasts

Task {EA844847-32B0-43B7-895A-59C180D6C4F2} Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Samsung_USB_Drivers\2\SSM_Uninstall.exe

A bit odd. For one, the one tied to a program in my podcasts folder. I only download mp3 file podcasts to that folder, and I've scanned the folder with malwarebytes and avast. I've never knowingly downloaded that avgarkt-setup.exe. Also, why would a key windows task be tied to my podcasts folder?

The other one also seems odd, I do have a Samsung tablet, but I'm not sure why I'd need a startup process involving uninstalling it.

What do you make of these, should I disable them? Thanks.

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

3. izombie7

izombie7 Thread Starter

Appreciated, but still wondering about these specific examples, such as a process linking to a seemingly unneeded location. And even if it's not necessarily suspicious, another question is if it's okay to disable these.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice