1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Photo Imaging Error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by anonymous1, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anonymous1

anonymous1 Thread Starter

:confused: I am having a major problem with the HP photo and imaging software on my computer. I was having problems recently with printing pictures but when I updated they went away. Now I am getting a funky error message every time I try to open Photo & Imaging Gallery to print out my pictures. It starts loading the program and then I get this message asking me to click "OK" which then shuts it down: "The program has encountered an unexpected error. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have no idea what is wrong and can't seem to find any website or anything useful that can help me. Please tell me whatever it is you think I should do be it uninstalling, going to another site, or contacting HP in some way.
    Thanks in advance, even if you can't help. (y)

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    What OS are you using? What exactly did you update and is it something you really need? If not I would un-install it and re-install the original software. At least you know it worked up to that point. Then I would search HP's knowledge base for a reference to your problem and if that didn't work I would send an e-mail to them and expect to wait a few weeks.

3. Rockn

Rockn

www.hp.com and go to support. They also have a knowledge base and FAQ section for all of their products. My wife has this software on her printer and the image database got corrupted and it did not know where to look for the pictures. I assure you if you went into Windows Explorer you would find them in the My Documents folder or My Pictures folder.

I will try and remember the solution to the problem. I think it was as simple as deleting the image database.

4. acraftylady

acraftylady

When you say you updated do you mean to SP2? I heard some people are having trouble with stuff after installing SP2. You can also find some message boards on HP that are very helpful but not sure if they have one for imaging so search.

HP message boards

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice