weird printing from email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbox

when I print from my works program it prints perfectly, but when I try to print anything from the internet or email I can only get symbols and numbers. I have contacted everyone and downloaded new drivers, etc. I need help! I have a HP Pavilion with Windows Vista, a Lexmark 5400 series all in one printer with USB and Earthlink server. Please help me!:eek:

dbox

I have downloaded the drivers and I still have this problem. I bought a Windows Vista certified printer and that did not help. What more can I do? I am desperate! Thank you.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What programs are you have issues with and are you selecting the correct printer when trying to do the printing?

dbox

Dave,

thanks for the response. I am working with Windows Vista and the only printer I have on my computer is a Lexmark 5400 series x5435. I have Earthlink.net as my server.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think you are saying that you use "Earthlink.net " for your internet access and email.

That may be the only printer plugged into your machine, but many programs install other print drivers, so their program can print to files.

Open Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound select Printers. What is listed there?
A screen shot of that pane would be great.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online