1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem -- Totally stumped

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techster, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techster

techster Thread Starter

Ok its really a weird problem I am into. Its an old box p4 1.6 Gigs being used as data storage & backup system only.

Now problem is I booted the system and it was not going beyond hdd check. I went to the BIOS and the disk is very much listed in BIOS (Phoenix Bios). I again booted it and it failed. It does not let me go beyond the screen that has all the messages on it. I thought its hdd problem and used my disk in other system went flying well. Again checked in faulty pc; same problem. CHecked it again in working system... problem now -- MBR is not intact. Did it fine with PTDD.
    So i concluded:
    1) HDD fine
    2) Processor is fine (got it checked from tech guy)
    3) MoBo is fine (he checked this too)
    4) Used new cables
    5) Somethin is wrong in there...y is it changing my MBR all of a sudden? (edit:: now its not giving that problem)

Error msg: Drive not ready - System Halted

And it all started with a faulty power supply and nothing else.

Any help is really really appreciated..

2. techster

techster Thread Starter

Problem Solved -- Reset the BIOS using MoBo jumpes and then reflashed using new version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice