1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem with Age of Mythology

Discussion in 'Games' started by Djas00, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Well I install Age of Mythology monday on my Compaq 7000 series SE and when i started age of Mythology everything was working except their were no words. I changed the resolution to the highest the monitor I am using goes (800X600) and it showed some words but they were mostly scrambled. When I went to choose the gods it showed Z, H, L, hor. For those Zeus, Hades, Loki, and Thor. When I go into the game everything works alright except the words are scrambled (most everything but the unit names). Could someone help me with this problem?

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

What's your OS, processor, video card, and other pertinent info about your pc?

3. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Compaq Presario 7000 SE series
    Windows ME
    TNT2 Graphics Card
    128 MB RAM
    1200 MHz AMD Athlon Processor

4. buckaroo

buckaroo

Okay, I'm sure the system meets the requirement for the game. Is your DirectX current?

5. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Yes, I am using DirectX 8.1. The game works fine. I can start it and play it build stuff but it doesn't display words. It doesn't display text. I have no idea why. On my other computer with XP it works perfectly but on my one with ME it doesn't want to display any words.

6. buckaroo

buckaroo

Okay, would recommend you check around for any options or settings that may be cause this. Make sure you read the "Read Me" file as well as any instuction manual. If still no go, check out their web site for any support help.

7. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

I checked the Readme and their site. But it does not say anything about this. I have a post in their forums but I posted here too because this site is faster :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice