1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem with gpu/mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WakaFlocka, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WakaFlocka

WakaFlocka Thread Starter

So my gaming rig ive had for a few years has always worked fine, never any problems. One day I moved it downstairs, and left it unplugged for about a week. I brought it back up and hooked it up, and it it wouldnt start. The fans would turn on for a split second and my LED's too and then it would just stop.

My first thought was "oh lawd my psu burnt out". But i did the ground test with a paperclip and it was fine. So i started doing some trouble shooting. I took my graphics card out and tried to turn it on and it worked. So i went in through onboard graphics and went into my bios and reset it. I reseated my graphics card and started it up and it worked fine like there was never any problems.

But now every time i turn it off, it does the same exact thing. I have to take out my card and reset my bios every time i turn on my computer. Now I try not to turn it off unless I have to but still ive had to go through this process like 6 times already.

It works every time i do it but still ide like to know whats going on with it. Any ideas?

2. rickmamo

rickmamo

Check the CMOS battery

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice