1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem with the laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evil_Eyes, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Evil_Eyes

Evil_Eyes Thread Starter

Hi. I have a weird problem with the laptop (Acer AS7738G). Here's the problem. In general the laptop works fine. BUT from time to time, when I lift it or move it it would shut down. After this it starts again by itself and when I do the same (lift it, move it around) nothing happens. Everything's fine. And it's like that 3-4 time a day. Even more. Sometimes I have to remove the battery and put it back in, because I can't turn it on after the sudden shut down. Any suggestions? The laptop was never dropped or handled roughly.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Loose wire or something inside the machine. It could be hard to track down.

3. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

Same here, loose connection. Does this happen when the unit is on ac power or just battery?

4. Evil_Eyes

Evil_Eyes Thread Starter

Doesn't matter if it is on ac power or just the battery. If it's a loose connection how come after the shut down the laptop isn't turning off when I'm moving it or lifting it. It doesn't matter how I lift it or where I hold it. Everything is fine. I'm confused. If it was a loose connection why isn't it stopping every time I pick it up? For example If it turns off by me lifting it, once it's on again no matter what I do to the laptop it won't stop. And then a couple of hours later even if I move it slightly it will stop again. :( Uhhh.

5. Lex.Luthor

Lex.Luthor

Rules out the ac power supply at the connector because the battery is also involved.

Has to be internal hardware, something to the effect of the motion drive detectors that most laptops have when they detect an earthquake. I would suggest that you take it to the local computer repair center and have them to look at the internal hardware boards to see if there is a crack or defective magnesium boards within it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice