1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem with the Q key

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Evil_Eyes, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Eyes

Evil_Eyes Thread Starter

Hi. I installed win 8 a couple of weeks ago and everything was working fine when all of a sudden while browsing the internet I see how the Q key is being pressed continuously. For example when I'm looking at a site all of a sudden the browser will start acting as if I was hitting the Q key repeatedly. Same with the media player (AIMP). When I'm listening to music I would get the song that I'm listening to go to the queue like 10 times as if I'm pressing the Q key to add it to the queue. I scanned the computer with AVG (not the free version) and the Spybot S&D and it didn't find anything. Do you know how I can see what's causing this mysterious action? The key is not stuck. I checked that. I tried removing some of the last programs that I've installed (the last 3) and still didn't help. I tried reinstalling the Java and Flash. Still didn't work. And the thing is that when I'm using the computer this doesn't happen but when I leave it idle for a couple of minutes I get - qqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqq.... I do not know what to do.

2. dai

dai

check for an infection

how do you know it is not a sticky key,that is what it sounds like

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice