Solved Weird problem with tp link wifi usb adapter

PrancerTran

just bought a new usb adapter for wifi by tp link - tl wn823n

my wifi router was detected on this once and it was working fine but now it is not getting detected
the wifi is getting detected on every other device but not on this adapter

have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. did a reset on the router too and setup the whole thing again but does not detect the router. it is not detecting the same network on other computers either.

this usb adapter is detecting my mobile hotspot though

kindly help
its a brand new adapter.. dont understand what is the issue..

Last edited:
PrancerTran,

You don't describe the network. What model router do you have? According to the specs for the adapter, there is only support for the 2.4 GHz band. How many other devices are trying to connect at the same time? Is there a chance you have neighbors nearby that can be causing interference?

PrancerTran

its cable internet or broadband. netgear r6120 ac1200 router
it is dual band capable but the usb adapter is only 2.4ghz capable
at the same time 4-6 devices are connected. all scenarios are the same. i am using other devices and usb adapters to connect to the network not facing any issues. only facing issue with this new tp link adapter. no i dont think any neighbours might be cauisng any interference

this usb adapter is also showing many other networks in the neighbourhood but just not mine.

Last edited:
How far away is this adapter from the router ? Netgear says your router is good only for 1200 sq ft homes. ( apartment )

managed

Allan
If it worked once but now does not work on several different computers chances are the Usb device is faulty.

Did windows install drivers for it when it was plugged into the other computers ?

PrancerTran

yes it did .. i think onboard drivers. because i did not see any such setup.. so ya.

if the device is faultt then it shouldn't detect other networks. detecting my phone's hotspot well and good

Try moving an existing device to the spot where the new adapter will sit and see if retains connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online