1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Telsan, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telsan

Telsan Thread Starter

I have a weird problem with my Acer aspire laptop. It's getting on a bit now, the battery is goosed and the mains adapter is used all the time. It became very slow and the mouse and keyboard stopped working. The repair shop cleaned the system out and found no problem with the mouse and keyboard. Took it back home the computer fired up no problem, the mouse and keyboard didn't work. An external mouse worked which allowed me to access notepad where I found the keypad didn't work. I couldn't shut down with the external mouse, it started to shut down then stop, not freeze just stop with the hour glass revolving. Even using the button to close down took over a minute of holding. Back to the shop where they fired it up and it worked perfectly! Again back home exactly the same problem. Back to the shop with my mains adapter, fire it up using my mains adapter it worked perfectly! Back home just the same problem. Took it next door with my mains adapter, worked perfectly. Back home in my back garden it worked, took it in the house it still worked enabling me to install software etc, in fact it was like a new one dead quick. Switch off no problem. Go back to it later......No chance, just the same problem and it's been like that ever since. I've not tried next door or the back garden again, I think everybody would get a bit fed up with that! I'm using normal power, I'm not wired up to the lamp post outside or anything sinister, I have another laptop which I am using now which works okay no problem.
    So that's about it, I'm not holding my breath for a cure or even an explanation, it's just been good therapy writing it down!! :confused:

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

House wiring to the socket duff.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice