1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Startup W/ XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Zen32, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zen32

Zen32 Thread Starter

On a fresh format and clean install of XP, it boots up quick enough, (pIII, 512). The problem comes once it gets to the desktop. Most functions are there, but my network connections, the "my computer" properties, etc. Will hang for a minute or longer. I can wait a full minute or so and everything comes online, but Im sure thats not normal. The MSN messenger also comes alive in my task bar when the network comes on, so Im assuming its somting to do with the statup. But no matter what Startup I do, its the same result. And when I tryed installing Norton, on bootups its disabled. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Are you on a lan; and do you have a nic card installed that is not connected to anything at this time? If so, your computer is looking for a network connection. As to windows messenger, you can set it to not load on startup.

3. Del

Del

Let's see what's in your startup.
    Go to http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ :

Download StartupList 1.51

After unzipping the file, run it. You will see a text file displayed. Copy/paste the file directly to a reply. To copy/paste, when the file is open, click Edit>Select All > Edit > Copy and then right click on a reply window here and select "paste".

4. peetal

peetal

hey i know

with XP i got this same problem

u jus need to og to control panel > then network > the on LAN right click properities and uncheck tcp/ip then click ok

ur pc wont take like 2 min to load

it worked for me

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice