Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird stuff with my microphone.

917 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dlsayremn 
#1 ·
In short, here goes: yesterday i was cleaning viruses in safe mode, got alot of them, erased all of them. Today, dont know it has to do anything about the viruses, my microphone isnt working. Cant tell if its broken or its something about my pc's software. The thing is, that if i turn on loud music or something, my friends can hear it. If i hit the microphone with my finger, my friends can hear the claps. But not my voice. Did an audio test, no results, still the same. Simply it does not record my voice. What could be the problem? Would apretiate any help

Saharz

#2 ·
Make and Model of Computer?
What Operating system?
What Sound Card?

Right click the speaker icon and Open Volume Control. Make sure Microphone is listed and the Volume slider is not all the way to the bottom.

XP
Control Panel, Sound and Audio devices.
Audio tab: Make sure your sound card is listed as Defaul device under Sound Recording. Click Volume to see if Microphone is listed and check Mic volume setting
Voice tab: Under Voice recording. Sound card Default device and check Mic volume settings.

Vista
Control Panel, Sound,. Recording tab. Microphone is listed.
Click Microphone to highlight it,then click the Properties button.
General tab: Sound card listed as Controller
Level tab: Check Volume setting and that it is not muted.

If an audio manager such as Realtek HD Audio Manager is listed in Control Panel, open it and check the Microphone settings there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.