1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird visual problem. Possibly a driver issue.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheCommoner, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCommoner

TheCommoner Thread Starter

Sorry about the title, but out all of the computer problems I've seen, this is the weirdest one for me. I don't really know how to describe it, but it's like a void that I can't enter. If you follow the link to a video, it'll probably give you a better idea of what's the problem.

http://youtu.be/mh4R_POLkWA
    I'm trying to drop the shortcut into the problem space, but I'm having no luck. I also show that I can't do something else like right clicking in the space. This doesn't just affect the desktop but any other open windows or program that is within the space.

I don't know if it's actually a windows or a driver issue, but I think it might be something with my video card drivers because every time I uninstall it, the problem goes away. When I go to reinstall the drivers, the problems stays gone for a while but eventually comes back again. The weird part is that I have the drivers for at least 3-4 months with no problem until now. I could go back to the OEM's video drivers, but their old and I haven't found any newer ones. I need the newer drivers to play newer games and like I said before, there's been no problem until now with the reference drivers. Forgot to mention this isn't with the latest drivers but the second newest ones. However, the same problem occurs with the newest drivers too. I haven't try older drivers, but I guess I should just to help with the troubleshoot.

I'm not tech guy, so I don't know what other solutions to think of so I thought it would be best to ask a community. Thanks for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!