Weird Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues- Linux LXDE

ebwinch

Hello!

So I'm using an acer aspire 5830TG and have been running lubuntu for about a month and a half now. I was able to connect to my wifi during installation. However, my internet connection kept getting worse and worse until it stopped working completely today. I can see the network, and it usually has 3/4 bars, but it simply will not connect.

Two things make this stranger:
1.) There are several other devices in this household- laptops, desktops, phones. Especially during lockdown. My computer is currently the only one not getting internet and was consistently the only one with connectivity problems or slow internet.
2.) I'm currently writing this from my computer using my phone as a mobile hotspot. Connected immediately and it's working brilliantly. So I can connect to the internet, just not through the wifi I am paying for. :/

You can see at the bottom of the first pic what it does- it spins indefinitely. Don't know what else you need- sorry!
Also sorry for the Polish- it just says standard stuff:
"Disconnected- offline mode
wireless network
Don't show this message again" etc etc

I'm a bit baffled. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

First thing to try : ping the router. If it can reach the router, then that leg of the journey is ok.

If it times out, maybe it's only the WiFi component is bad, then try an ethernet cable to the router. and ping the router again.

If that still doesnt work, it means something is wrong with the entire networking component of the PC. And it affects Ethernet and WiFi.

If the above works, then try 'ping google.com' and see if it reach the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online