1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Windows 7 Mouse/Cursor Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NuancedPotato, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuancedPotato

NuancedPotato Thread Starter

So I've been having a bizarre problem with Windows 7 for awhile now where at certain points during normal use the cursor will not interact with anything when I click. I can move the cursor around, but I cannot click on anything. I end up having to CTRL+ALT+DEL and start the task manager to make things normal again. I don't end any processes, merely opening the task manager fixes it (for the most part). I could almost live with that if it didn't do something much worse on certain programs. So for example, a program I use called NifSkope (A mesh file editing tool) has multiple sub windows for various things I.E. render window for the mesh, Tools, Options, ETC. If I click on one particular sub window, I cannot interact with any of the others. I don't have a consistent fix for this one, which is incredibly annoying. This problem is not exclusive to this program, but affects very few others. The minor one happens quite often at start-up, and happens seemingly randomly throughout general use on my PC, though it never occurs in video games. I'm pretty sure it's not a mouse issue (I use a Razer Deathadder 2013 Edition) I've tested it on other PCs without issue, and used two different mice on the affected PC. Mouse keys even suffer from the issue. I'm a stubborn guy who doesn't usually seek out tech help, but if anybody can provide assistance I'd be very grateful because I'm just at a loss with this one.

Tech Specs:
    Processor: Intel i7-3770K Quad Core @ 3.50GHz
    RAM: 32 GB (8x4)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    HDD/SSD: C: Samsung 840 EVO 240GB SSD D: Western Digital Black 2TB HDD
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V (Latest Bios)
    PSU: Corsair 750 Watt

EDIT: This doesn't only affect one partition, I've tested other versions of Windows 7 and the problem persists. Maybe a motherboard issue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice