1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Windows 98 behaviour

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by avdistribution, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avdistribution

avdistribution Thread Starter

Symptoms on an older W98SE computer seem to be keyboard/mouse related but I've swapped out both so I'm guessing something else is wrong.
    All symptoms are intermittent:
    -web page links won't open
    -mouse left click sometimes does nothing eg when I right click to copy-the mouse left click won't activate the copy function
    -in Excel, instead of selecting one cell, the mouse left click highlights several cells
    -when I use alt/tab to switch to another app., I have to hit the alt key again for it to move.
    -occasional freeze ups that only a manual shut down will cure.

Kids use this computer so there could be all kinds of junk on it. Is there a reliable place to get an older version of hjt that's compatible with W98? Would love to post a log for an expert to look at.
    Thanks for any help!

W98SE/IE6/ps2 wired keyboard and mouse/connected to a wireless network/cable modem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice