1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weirdest lag laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bill7thrilos, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bill7thrilos

bill7thrilos Banned Thread Starter

Ok i got a laptop without battery...Only the power cable..i accidentally closed him unplugging the power.then it lagged...One day it fixed..Then i did it again and happened again...Then when i did it again it fixed..Today half an hour ago i did it AGAIN..Now it lags again..I dont know what to do

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Shut the system down properly before unplugging the PC.

3. bill7thrilos

I have tried it....I also tried restoring, formating, using ccleaner, deleting temp files...I updated drivers, restarted and nothing...did a windows check and it isnt getting better...

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you got a laptop with no battery, it sounds like you purchased a used laptop.
    There might be a hardware problem and no amount of trying to format, restore, or reinstalling Windows will fix a hardware problem.

5. bill7thrilos

No...I purchaxed it with a battery..But one day the battery didnt work..So I put it out...I think that this happens to my laptop because of the improper shutdowns...Ive tried:
    Format clean install windows
    CCleaner
    RegHunter
    High Performance power settings
    restore system
    chkdsk
    sfc scannow
    MalwareBytes
    The only thing i havent tried is changing my charger because it is a little bit timeworn...My laptop requires 65W..This is 65W but i will get a 90W one and see if it fixes

6. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

A 90W charger is not going to help.If it requires a 65W,then get a 65W.
    On another note,be sure to "Turn off power saving features".
    click start/control panel/hardware and sound/power options/select power plan. Set power plan to high performance.
    Beside the the "High Performance option" click " Change plan settings".
    Under "Change setting for the plan :High Performance,set everything to "Never" In both "Plugged In" and "On Battery".
    I can't say this will help,but it's worth a try.
    If that does not help,then it's most likely as Plodr suggested "A hardware problem".

7. bill7thrilos

Nothing helped....And I dont believe its a hardware problem as I bought it from a trusted store brand new....And I havent done anything extreme to hurt my hardware...Only the improper shutdowns could have caused a problem...My fps in games reduce fro 120 fps to 20 fps and sometimes 10fps...I need some suggestions

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Why did the battery die, if it is a new machine?

The improper shut downs can damage a hard drive.

9. bill7thrilos

I dont know why it died...Do u think that changing my hard drive would solve this problem...Or maybe building a gaming pc would get me out of trouble?

10. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Tells me that the charger is not working and may need to be replaced.

11. bill7thrilos

That was actually my first thought..In fact when i reseted BIOS to default it a message poped up saying my charger is not workin properly so thanks for the help Oh and actually now the laptop works fine so I created a restore point..But anyway im gonna buy a new charger...

12. bill7thrilos

About 13 days have passed and after a power outage it happened again..But after the system restore everything is ok..So i always have a system restore point now in order to fix this everyrtime.

13. bill7thrilos

Oh my god..Another power outage yesterday...System restore does not work and I believe I don't need a new charger...Because it always happens after improper shutdowns...Anyone knows how to fix any errors because of the improper shutdown?I tried:
    CCleaner
    Deleting temp files
    Reseting BIOS to default
    System restore to a past time when everything was fast and responsive..

Now I cant even open chrome...(Im typing in Internet explorer rn)
    Maybe it's an registry error..
    How can I check registry for errors and fix them(for free)

14. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  15. bill7thrilos

I have tried it and no....Now the laptop works properly again...But i think its gonna be bad again

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice