1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weired Message after Boot up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pathyde, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pathyde

pathyde Thread Starter

Font=Times New Romansize=3color=balck

I am very new at this, so if I have made any mistakes, please do let me know and I shall attempt to rectify.

Running Windows XP Home Edition, 768Mb RAM. 40Gb H\D.1.7Mhz Celeron Processor.

I just recently purchased an ATI/PCI Video Card. Prior to this I had been using, Intel Extrenme Graphics.

Before I made the purchase, I had made enquiries with Intel, if there would be any problems by the use of a Video Card. Answer to that was NO.

Since I Installed the card I get the following Pop Up Message after every boot up. Made enquiries to Intel, to be told. Nothing to do with Intel????.

The nessage is:

File Needed:
    Copy file from:
    c:\windows\drivers\intel\graphics.

The file 'ialmnt5.sys on Intel 82830M Graphics Controller Windows 2000/Windows XP Installation disk is needed.

Everything I have tried has failed. I can find the entry in the Regisrty, but don't know enough to start playing around with the Registry.

Can anyone help on this please.
    I will attempt any reasonable suggestion.

Kind regards
    My Sincere thanks in Advance

Pat
    PS.
    If there is any info missing that I can provide please advise me and I will provide it if I can find it.
    Ta.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Have you disabled the onboard Graphics in BIOS . . this is usually automatic but it sounds like that did not happen when you installed the ATI card.

wrs

3. pathyde

pathyde Thread Starter

Hi,
    My sincere thanks for the very fast response to my query.
    My BIOS provides me with two options. 1: Primary Video Adapter [PCI] or [Onboard]
    Currently the BIOS setting is on PCI.
    Display is running directly off the ATI\PCI card. Intel Extreme Graphics Controller 82845G is I believe required for the Core PCI on the system.
    But I am not an expert, far from it.
    The bit which I am finding somewhat odd is that the "File ialmnt5.sys, on Intel 82830M has never been on my system.
    That I do know for certain, unless it is doubling up for the 82845G, which I would find a bit surprising.
    My Thanks for the advice though.
    Kind Regards

Pat

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!