welcob virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puthens

i have got infected with welcomb virus.i have done Fdisk and format all drives but still my harddisk affected with that virus!i cant install windows onit?i run scan with norton and mcafee virus scan floppys.they ditecting the virus but cant remove it.!what can i do?pls give me a reply

Welcomb doesnt do anything to your computer except spread to others. It is a boot sector virus so you didnt need to fdisk either.
Format /MBR
may get rid of it, if not, FProtect antivirus can kill this virus.

can you boot into windows?

you need to visit symantecs site and download the latest virus definitions...............floppy`s are useless after a couple of days because they are out of date.
getting back online is the only way you will be able to get rid of this one...............if you can get an up to date disk you should be able to run it and get rid of the virus.

good luck..and let us know how it goes;)

good morning brendon:D

have virus here also....\(cough)........larengitis.....anything we can do with this one:rolleyes:

puthens

i have run fdsik in my disk and formated all but now i cant install windows in it.from my floppy i can scan and it is founding that viruse.but it cant remove!

IF you have done a proper fdisk and format and a DOS scan of the system is finding a virus after that, you have an infected floppy from which you are fdisking or booting afterwards. Make sure you work with a clean, write protected one.

Most boot sector viruses are passed on infected floppies. If you are getting a "virus" error during the install itself, disable virus protection in the BIOS, do the install and run a proper scan afterwards.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000040515425606

yes but if its on the floppy i think the bios protection will see it and halt everything............thats its job:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online