1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Welcome, gracie34" changes to "please login" with every click

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gracie34, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie34

gracie34 Thread Starter

This may turn into a double post for which I will apologize in advance.

Ok. I formatted my computer and created a dual boot with Windows ME and XP on separate partitions on the same hard drive. As soon as I had each OS installed I used the Windows Update CD and then went to the Windows Update site to finish up. Everything went without a hitch exxcceepptt....now when I go to this site I have to login everytime and not only that, but when I click on anything within the site itself it "forgets" that I'm already logged on and I have to re-login every time I click on a thread or subforum or anything. This is when I'm running under Windows ME only. (I'm on XP right now and everything seems fine). I have tried resetting my IE settings back to default with no luck, and I downloaded Firefox and it does the same thing. I'm not registered with any other sites of this type so I don't know if it's just this site I can't stay logged into or if there's a bigger problem lurking somewhere.
    One more thing, my father had this same problem with a similar site he was registered with and it happened to him after using the Windows Security Update cd. He fixed his problem by uninstalling and reinstalling WalMart Connect. My ISP doesn't have any software to uninstall. I just type the settings into Dial-Up-Networking and that's it. My Windows ME disk is just a set of dreaded "recovery" cds from hp. Would I be able to uninstall Dial-Up-Networking and reinstall it without the recovery cd trying reinstall all the crap that it took me two days to get rid of? I have Spybot, AdAware SE, AVG, and Spywareblaster all updated and running and everything is showing up clean. I did disable the immunize feature of Spybot just to check. I don't know what else to try.
    Sorry I was so longwinded.
    Thanks ever so much,
    Sheli

2. gracie34

gracie34 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice