1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

well thought it was safe mode lol

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by NTRage35, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NTRage35

NTRage35 Thread Starter

Hiya tech guy, wanted to know, I read a former post when a guy asked you about his puter stuck in safe mode. I thought mine was too with the large icons and crayon like photos. But I guess its not because it doesnt say safe mode in the corners like you said, Are you saying that if I delete " Wnbootng.sts " it would correct this? If not I can not reformatt without a disk that i do not have. Btw i'm on windows 98 old dell dimension

2. DVOM

DVOM

Reboot to a DOS prompt. If it's been less than 5 days since this problem started type:

"scanreg /restore" enter (without quotes)

That'll give you a choice of the last 5 days first boots of the day registry backups to restore to. If it's been more than 5 days type:

"scanreg /fix" enter

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Do a Find/Search for WNBOOTNG.STS. It should be in the C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder(if it exists). If you find it, delete it.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

4. NTRage35

NTRage35 Thread Starter

Hey thank you DVOM and Flava appreciate you help, although a day old couldnt get restore to work but i did get fix to work ty much for saving my junk. lol :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice