1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WEP issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RookDZollex, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RookDZollex

RookDZollex Thread Starter

I recently changed my security to WEP to work with my nintendo DS, but now it only allows my computer on the wireless internet. Is there a way to fix this problem?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, but I don't understand what your problem is. What do you want to do that you cannot?

3. RookDZollex

Oh sorry, my when my brother somes to visit his computer can't access the wireless internet and we can't figure out why...

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe he entered the WEP key incorrectly. Delete the wireless profile, scan for networks, connect and enter the key carefully.

Maybe you are using an ascii passcode instead of a HEX key; sometimes different devices translate the ascii differently.

5. RookDZollex

itll be a week or two before we can try this out, but ill let you know if i need more help

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    OK. Let us know if it's solved also. :)

7. RookDZollex

Well my idiot brother wont take your simple instuctions, because im suggesting he uses them, so ive found a solution of my own to buy a usb wifi cable thing off of ebay so i can change the security back to WPA, hopefully that will work. I'll be should to let you know if it doesn't.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice