WEP issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RookDZollex

I recently changed my security to WEP to work with my nintendo DS, but now it only allows my computer on the wireless internet. Is there a way to fix this problem?

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Sorry, but I don't understand what your problem is. What do you want to do that you cannot?

RookDZollex

Oh sorry, my when my brother somes to visit his computer can't access the wireless internet and we can't figure out why...

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Maybe he entered the WEP key incorrectly. Delete the wireless profile, scan for networks, connect and enter the key carefully.

Maybe you are using an ascii passcode instead of a HEX key; sometimes different devices translate the ascii differently.

RookDZollex

itll be a week or two before we can try this out, but ill let you know if i need more help

RookDZollex

Well my idiot brother wont take your simple instuctions, because im suggesting he uses them, so ive found a solution of my own to buy a usb wifi cable thing off of ebay so i can change the security back to WPA, hopefully that will work. I'll be should to let you know if it doesn't.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online