1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Westell Modem, Belkin Router, Slow internet problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bwdzxc, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bwdzxc

Bwdzxc Thread Starter

The Internet on our westell modem model 6100; would cut out. It would flash on then flash off. And sometimes it would turn red. We have a asante rotuer coming off of the modem and thats how i would connect. But since i moved my computer back upstairs I am now connected threw our Belkin wireless router model F5D8230-4 v2. So the modem hasn't screwed up lately since i moved upstairs. But now our Belkin is. It will reset like atleast 15 times in one day. So thats very frustrating to deal with. But now the internet has gone very slow. I have no idea why. I "restore to default" on Belkin and Westell. And there both slow, and the Belkin is still reseting. my ISP is frontier. I am getting a new Belkin wireless router/modem in one, model F5D8236-4. I am also connected threw Ethernet and when I connect with my iPod on to the Belkin router it is slow!
    So if you need anything thing to assist you in helping me just tell me.

2. Bwdzxc

Bwdzxc Thread Starter

I am on Windows XP

3. Bwdzxc

Bwdzxc Thread Starter

I got the new Belkin it works now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice