western digital HDD my passport usb port broke off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hayden006

as many others i have had the dreaded usb of death problem now my drive is inoperable does anyone have detailed pics on where to solder to the pcb and sata port so i can try recover my data. ive read a couple of posts but have found nothing detailed enough to help me nut out what wire goes to what pin on the donated sata port, some detailed pictures or a tutorial would be awesome. thanks in advance. Hayden Waymouth:mad::mad::mad:

You can easily just take the HDD out and put it in a caddy; you may even see better data transfer rates if you get a good caddy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online