1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Western Digital My Book Files Missing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannyclost, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyclost

dannyclost Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I recently came across this site and I am in need of some help please, any suggestion appreciated! I have owned a Western Digital My Book 500gb external hard drive for some time and never had a problem with it. I usually turn it off when its not in use and use the regular hard drive for file storage. The last time I turned it off I received an error message along the lines of - F:/MyBook/Recyler/hfhsh... has lost data which might not be recovered. Upon restarting the drive, it appears to be empty and asked to be formatted before using. Does anyone know how I can restore my files, they mean so much to me and I must get them back, I appreciate any help possible!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!