1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wf-2540 out of paper error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deranged1022, Jun 18, 2019.

1. deranged1022

deranged1022 Thread Starter

I am trying to resolve an out of paper error on a Epson 2540 printer, I have tried by reinstalling printer driver with all new updates, cleaned rollers and paper sensor, tried different paper, all having no luck. any suggestions?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I found this
    Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely and remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.
    Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.
    Now Hold the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 4 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

He goes on to say to someone who did all this and still gets the out of paper error:
    That means the paper sensor in the feed tray is defective and you need to replace it, I would suggest buying a new printer, replacing the paper sensor will costs about $40

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice