1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wga Lock?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Paynesmanor, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor Thread Starter

I have a new Old computer, HP Vectra VLi8 When I boot the PC, I go through a login screen, But before it reaches the desktop, I get a grey popup that says, the serial key is invalid, It wants to validate the windows key, (but its invalid), I can change the key, but it tells me that a known valid key, is not valid, There is no Internet connection as the drivers are not working for the network card, ( Card works in other computer). I can access Safe mode, I can not access safemode with networking?.. I have a original Windows XP CD, With a valid code, However it will not allow me to Format and Install Windows. It makes it just past the raid driver part, and then some .sys file is missing error. Press any key to restart. when in safe mode I see a lot of different partitions, But there is one 30 gig hard drive and one 13 gig hard drive.. Also the board has the processor and ram, then a second board is plugged in with the IDE 1 going to the hard drives, and IDE2 going to the CD Roms.

So I want a working PC,to do this:
    I need to turn off the stupid WGA, at boot. (It seems like someone was using a unvalid key, and the 30 days expired..) Unknown though.
    Or Reformat the Hard drives and install new,, ( Could this be a raid issue? ).

Any Ideas?? Didnt Microsoft lock a few invalid keys back in the day? but later unlocked them? could this be one of those??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice