1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WGR614v9 Authentication Login Screen

Discussion in 'Networking' started by browneyedcub78, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browneyedcub78

browneyedcub78 Thread Starter

The computer...
    I have a working internet connection (cable internet). Using Firefox 2.0.0.13 (set to directly connect to the internet; proxy server is disabled). The desktop machine is running Windows XP and is directly connected by CAT5 to the router.

The issue...
    Whenever I load Firefox and begin to surf, the login screen for my router configuration pops up at random within the first minute or two of surfing. It's as if it's wanting authentication for 192.168.1.1. I can hit cancel or enter my info and it goes away and doesn't come back. This is mainly more of an annoyance, not really having any connection issues.

What I've tried...
    I've attempted enabling and disabling the router's universal plug & play feature. I can't find any info on this issue on any other site. The router is brand new. I have one similar at home (v3) and have had no issues with it.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Attached Files:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think I'd reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure. I can't imagine where that's coming from at random...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!