whaaa?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holy_saiyan1

Okay, I got an e-mail from "[email protected]" with the subject line "RE: your details." The e-mail says the following: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To:[email protected]
Subject: Re: Your details
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:08:19 -0400
Message appears to contain possible virus attachment"

According to the e-mail, my computer sent a message to "[email protected]" that was infected with the Sobig.f virus. It goes on to display the message I supposedly sent on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:08:16 -0700, which is basically a page full of random letters (part of the header said this:
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
name="your_details.pif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="your_details.pif")

But the header also says that the message was sent from my computer at 16:08:19 -400 on Sun, 18 Apr 2004, the same time that the reply was sent.

Am I infected? The reason I feel safe opening the e-mail is cuz I read it on a Mac, not my personal computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online