Whar kind of Adapter??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stone66

Ok i got a HP deskjet printer i need a adapter but dont know what kind my pc is only a couple monthes old with no serial ports .......

Thanks adam

What model deskjet?

I assume you are trying to connect it to your PC?

Most printers use a parallel port or USB. Which one does yours have? Some even have both.

Do you have one of those new motherboards that don't come with any legacy ports? (serial, parallel, game)

stone66

my pc has a Abit at7 motherboard ....The deskjet 712c.....

Abit AT7 motherboard: No legacy ports (serial, parallel, etc.)
Back Panel I/O
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 mouse
- 4 x USB, 2 x IEEE 1394
- 1 x S/PDIF Output
- Audio connectors (Front Speaker, Line-in, Mic-in, Center/Sub, Surround Speaker)
- 2 x USB, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Connector

HP Deskjet 712c: Only has a IEEE1284 Parallel port connection.

So..You need a IEEE1284 Parallel Printer port to USB port Adaptor

Here's a place to get one: Adaptor

You can probably find one in a local PC shop too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts