Tech Support Guy banner

What’s the worst you’ve ever done to a phone/computer?

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  steppenwolf 
#1 ·
So, I was wondering, what’s the worst any of you guys have ever damaged a phone/computer or something related?

Personally I’ve:

• Broke a lifeline phone
• Made a battery leak in a Tracphone
• Smashed a iPhone 4S into pieces
• Snapped a flipphone in half
• Caused a dead screen on another Tracphone
• Slightly bent/made screen slightly pop out on an iPhone 5S, it’s held in by duct tape (still works)
• AND killed a laptop hard drive on accident.
• Damaged an iPhone 4 so it doesn’t connnect with a pc properly (still works)
• Managed to crack/drop in toilet another iPhone 4 (still works)

And I’m not proud of it.....

#5 ·
hopefully you've learned from it, next time, count to 10, breathe deeply and maybe it will help to calm you before your temper gets the better of you ;)

#6 · (Edited)
Not exactly phone or computer carnage, I shot my printer.
Blew it up, actually.
Hilarity and some shrapnel ensued, but precautions were taken.

A legally sold binary explosive - which is in two parts, both of which are totally inert... until combined. and requires a specific amount of energy to react.
You cannot set it off by applying fire, stomping on it, running over it, or yelling at it.

The reaction occurs when a force equal to or above 2000 fps impacts the combined compounds.

Uh, anyway, I don't have that printer anymore.
For example, this wasn't my shot, but the results were the 'bout the same. ;)

#7 ·
Nothing phone or pc wise, but I did put a 12 lb bowling ball into a running tumble dryer. Went about as expected.

Reactions: RT
#9 ·
Shooting range and a buddy's HP printer. .223 awesome.

Hard drive meets mr. sledgehammer, several times. A Seagate out of frustration, the rest disposal.

In the early days of portable compact CD writers, I bought a defective one the store wouldn't take back under warranty. It wouldn't burn a CD at all and ran hot to the touch. So I turned it on and let it try to burn a CD until it went completely dead.
Then I got a return of the purchase price.

Never broke a phone or a computer.
But I really hated my first computer, a Gateway.

In my youth, I intentionally abused a lot of cars and motorcycles, though :D
(got over that a few years ago lol )

Reactions: RT
#12 · (Edited)
The worst things I ever did was to my first PC. I never cleaned the cache for maybe 3 years and it was so slow it crawled. Also I never installed a firewall. When I got help to fix it, it was like a zillion things in there not to mention the virus community. Then when installing the FW, I thought it didn't take (it did), and I installed a second one, activated it, and they attacked each other or something like that and I crashed the PC bad. The crash actually sounded like a shattering glass window explosion. Amazing it could get healed and recover to work another 4 years. I never did those things again.
My pressure valve relief was tears. Worked better than violence, and much less therapy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.