1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What a mess!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by airforcebratgirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airforcebratgirl

airforcebratgirl Thread Starter

A couple weeks ago when trying to boot up my computer, I got the black screen with the mouse clicker and this error message: The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc0000033)

I tried several ways to restore it back to a previous working time, but nothing worked. I was able to get all the files saved that I wanted saved and them took the computer back to the way it was when I received it. Now I can't get online. I have a Charter Cable modem and it's working...works just fine when I hook it to the laptop. I've also tried upgrading to Windows 7 with a CD, but now the CD drive doesn't seem to be working. Any help or suggestions on how to get the online issue corrected would be great!

:eek:

2. gfne

gfne

I'd like you to read some of the errors in the event viewer so we can troubleshoot this further.

To enter the event viewer, right click my computer, click manage, expand event viewer and click system. After having clicked system, the right side should populate. Spend a moment, and get a feel for things. I would like to see if there are any "red/errors" that might correspond to your problem. In order to know if they do, you need to double click the suspected items (one-by-one), and read them to make an evaluation. Feel free to copy and paste them here, either all at once, or one-by-one.

3. airforcebratgirl

Ok, there are several red "X'S" in this list, all under sources DCOM, Service Control Manager and W32Time. When I click on them they all indicate the responses weren't in a timely fashion.

There are two different "Warnings:"

Source Dhcp: Your computer has automatically configured to the IP address for the network card with network address 00123FB4c40. The IP address being used is 169.254.24.139.

Source Remote Access: Unable to contact a DACP server. The Automatic Private IP Address 169.254.24.139 will be assigned to the dial-in clients. Clients may be unable to access resources on the network.

:eek:

4. gfne

gfne

5. airforcebratgirl

I'm on my laptop and the issues are on my desktop...should I still d/l this link?

6. gfne

gfne

Download it, put it on a floppy or usb flash drive, then run it on the desktop.

7. airforcebratgirl

No problems found is the message that comes up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice