1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what a month of bad companies for me:Computer delivery

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by sharky, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

what a month of bad company experiences i have had.

( maybe you read my post of how NEXFLIX DVD RENTALS gave me a 2 week free trial but processed my credit card 9 days into the trial)

today it was S T A P L E S. After paying for a computer at a staples and having to wait 24 days for delivery,the delivery date came and went: NO COMPUTER ARRIVED. Today,iam told they delivered it to an address 100 miles away! Staples then said it was up to me to contact the shipper(fedex)and strengten it out with them. All the paperwork and my receipt had my correct address,but it was still delivered elsewhere and its my problem.

i said,i paid for a computer and was told it would be delivered.,no computer arrived. i asked for my money back,they refused! and said i did not have the computer with me,then they looked stupidly at me.

i sent a letter to the staples ceo.

My God, staples has gone downhill. BTW,i was going to go to walmart before i went into staples,but i said ill give staples some business. MY ONLY MISTAKE.

2. Mowergun

Mowergun Guest

sharky,

Did you pay for the computer with a credit card? If so, then I would contest the charges if I were you. I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that the implied contract that you had with staples was to deliver the computer to your door in return for the agreed apon price. The computer has not been delivered to your door, so it would seem to me that staples did not live up to their end of the bargain. They should have shipped the item insured, so I would think it would be up to them to deal with the shipping company.

Mowergun

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i paid with cash.

i'm thinking of making out a police report:

If a customer walked out of staples with a computer without paying for it but paid a stranger in the parking lot for the computer and i told staples its thier problem,how would staples feel,...then call?

I ,the customer, paid for a computer in staples and walked out the store without one. and now staples tell me they shipped the computer to a stranger and its not thier problem i'm out a computer and the money paid to them for one.

No wonder walmart became the biggest retailer in the world,i'dhave a computer today and heads would roll at the walmart if that at that retailer.

4. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Did you talk to THE manager at your Staples? If he is stupid enough to blow you off I would deffinately do something leagally. What did fedex say? You should (at the very least ) get free shipping. I cannot believe Stalpes wouldn't do anything for you, but of course both companies will lay blame on the other & it will be you left holding the bag...

Also when the computer DID arrive I would promptly return it!
    I wouldn't give my business to a company who wouldn't at leat make a call to fedex & find out what went wrong. It's like saying it's going to be delivered to you- just as soon as you come get it.

I'm not a lawyer either so I don't really know what you can do, but surely after waiting a month you should have the product you paid for. & What about the person who signed for the delivery? They didn't know they didn't buy a computer? Or was that a story Staples gave you to cover their butts?
    Good luck & let us know what happenes!

5. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

sorry for the redunance:i bought a computer at staples,it was going to be delivered,the day after the computer delivery date,i called a staples hotline and they would call me back the computer was delivered to the wrong address. why at this point as a customer,should i be concerned with anything else except getting a computer or refund.

one might think when i went into the staples store i bought it at,they would say sorry,we will get you an identical computer as soon as possible or refund the computer money.

instead the staples "sales" people stood there and stupidly said it was not their fault but fedex. at that point i guess they expected ME to straighten evrything out. ONE,i didnt even know it was fedex delivery. TWO even if i did try to sort it out,the first thing a Fedex wwould want is a tracking number,etc. and THREE,i do not want a computer that someone else falsely accepted(and likely opened) and then given to me.

i asked for a refund,they refused as i dont have the computer that never arrived from them.

ps i have received an email,they are looking into it,again.

pss sorry to whine,but i'm sitting here with a receipt for a new computer and no computer.

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Actually it's Staples problem to resolve since they are the shipper and the product never arrived. That's what FedEx is going to tell you, "have the shipper contact us and provide a tracking number, etc... and they will open a case on it."

7. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i promise/owe closure for this story.

i just got an email and its getting interesting where the computer went and who signed for it. sort of funny,except im STILL using a computer with a 7.5gb hard drive!

8. hewee

hewee

Sorry to hear what happen to ya.

Yes Staples is the one that needs to make things right.
    They may have even put the wrong shipping address on it so it really went to the right address but not your address.

Hope they take care of it asap.

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Call the Better Business Bureau. They have solved many issues for me in the past and are helping me out with one right now involving Tiger Direct.

10. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

one month anniversary after i walked into a staples and was told a computer would arrive in 7-14 business days, i still await as a replacement computer is being processed.

i fiqure a better business complain will be take an equal time to resolve. in itself,no offense to the better business people.

11. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

The BBB is pretty quick. My dispute with AOL was over within a week of my complaint. And another one with Paragon Technologies took about two weeks. When the BBB talks...people listen.

12. Mowergun

Mowergun Guest

I agree with LwdSquashman, contact the BBB. Despite what Staples may have said to you, they know they are in the wrong, and they know that they do not have a legal leg to stand on. In a case like yours, the BBB can probably get quick results on your behalf.

13. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

well,the computer FINALLY arrived after taking a month.

in retrospect,i can understand shipping delays will happen and is actually not enough for me to stop doing business with staples in the future.

but when the business(staples)initially left it up to me(the customer)to fiqure out what happen and straighten it out because thier shipper made a mistake,i think twice about doing future business.

14. hewee

hewee

Glad to hear you got your PC. :) :) :)

So sorry about what happen and the way Staples was dealing with you on it as they should of been the one to do all the work and not you in making it right.

15. fredman

fredman

Makes me worry about a TI-83 Plus calculator I bought for my daughter as a gift last weekend at Staples.
    It was $84.00 which is cheaper than any other store in the area by about $26.00.......

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice