1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What a ride!

Discussion in 'Personal News & Announcements' started by valley, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

ok....I dont want a long goodbye but I'm taking an extended hiatus and wanted to let everyone know so they wouldnt wonder where I've run off to. I was just gonna stick this in the "I'll be away from the boards" thread but it didnt seem right to post right after Jim's heartbreaking announcement so I stuck it out here instead. Hope no one minds.

Anyways, my online time has gotten so it takes away from my private life. Every free minute is spent here and there is so much more that I could be doing. Even when I am not online, I am thinking about when I can get online, lol. My leaving has nothing to do with the debating I've been doing nor a feeling like I need to leave because I am upset or mad or whatever. I am leaving with more than a little reluctance. I dont really want to leave but I am going to anyways. I've been thinking about this for several weeks. I miss reading books for pleasure, gabbing on the phone and painting my woodcrafts. LOL, I miss being bored the most! :D In the evenings when my kids are playing, I should be making more of an effort to watch over them. They dont seem to mind but thats not the point. I miss giving them ALL of my attention. I miss watching them as they play, ya know? And I miss laying in bed next to Carl while he watches his boring hunting shows. I feel like I am missing on a lot of important thing because I am so wrapped up in my online time.

The hardest part is leaving TSG behind. There are too many people to list that I will miss dearly...there are new friends and old friends here. If I try to name each one of you, I know I will miss someone important. But you ought to know that each one of you has been special to me in some unique way, even the people I who I rarely get to talk to. And especially the "hard-boiled" people who always keep me on my toes and provide me with tons of stimulating conversation. ;)

Also, I am sorry for not contacting some of you privately to let you know of my decision...its just easier this way. I have to send out so many emails to friends and family so I am trying to condense it in some way.

I have activated the link to my email so if anyone wants to email me rather than pm, then please feel free. I'm not looking for a long drawn out emotional goodbye or for anyone to ask me to stay. I have already cancelled my internet service effective Wed. Sept 24th so that will be my last day online. I just wanted to have this last week to kick back and enjoy people so I can leave on a happy note. :) I may come back eventually. Maybe in a few months when I have my priorities back in order. I'll post back here on my last day.

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Val. Disconnecting your internet seems rather Draconian. Does it really need to come to that, because you will be sorely missed.

3. Shadow Bea

Shadow Bea Cherished forever in our hearts

Val, :( *HUGS*

4. sdc

sdc Guest

*hugs*

Hope to see you back here again

5. Rep

Rep

Valley - Nice post.....you note what most of us feel at times. I know I have.

Being on-line can consume way too much time.

You realized it and are doing something about it. Good luck and do check in. A stop at a library may be just the thing for you. You can jump in here, say hi and catch up a bit.

Good Luck

6. Toddles18

Toddles18

Take a break, knit some Afghans, enjoy the beautiful fall scenery, spend some time with your husband, then get your bible thumping arse back in here!! :D We'll miss ya while you're gone.

A special friend is rare indeed,
    it seems to be a special breed,
    yes perfect friends are very few,
    so lucky we are for having you.

7. moonmist

moonmist

Val........ not enough sad faces allowed to express how i am going to miss you. However i do have your e-mail addy and you have mine........ lets just make sure we use them. You truly are one of the most endearing and wonderful people i have met here at tsg........and gave me strength in the rough times.....i love you for that ........ enjoy your time.......and then come back to us.....

Miss you tons...........Cloe

8. RandyG

RandyG

You better come back!!

That's all I'm gonna say!!

Oh, fine!!!!!!!!

You'll be missed, so come back when you get things sorted!!

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

10. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

*Sigh* Major :( :( :(

11. valley

valley Thread Starter

Jim: Yes, I need to remove the temptation to stay online longer than I want to for now.

Bea and Fishy: *hugs* back at you both.

Bea: You know how I feel......

Rep: Thanks for understanding so quickly. The library is in my plans, especially at Christmas time.

Todd: lol...I cant knit for beans but I will do all of the rest. The poem is beautiful. Its a keeper. What a sweetheart :)

Cloe: I've still got your email and I will use it when I get to the library, even if its just a very quick hello.

Randy: lol....yes sir! whenever I hear about Irish tempers, I think of you. Its a good thing, trust me. ;)

Mully: I'll miss you too. :(

Kath: Been thinking about you lots. We've been through quite a lot, huh? You've always been a very good friend to me. I've got your email and promise to drop you a note along with Cloe's. I will pick up my mail when I can so please let me know how you and Luke are doing with your court proceedings.

And Kath: Remember our trick? :D
    I will miss you so much Kath. :-( I will pop back in every so often. I need some time to focus on my family without the distractions, ya know? Its not just tsg..its 3 email discussion groups, various websites & online ministries that I go to, online games that I like to play, building a website...etc. I promise I'll come back when all of this takes a back seat in my life rather than a front seat. :)
    ok...no more sad faces!

12. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Hi Val,

I just stumbled into 'announcements' and was surprised to see you leaving.
    Random is addictive and a family does come first.
    I hope to see you again in the future, at a pace that 'works' for you.

Rather than goodbye, I'll say," See you later" :)

Jack

13. valley

valley Thread Starter

Jack. I sent you a pm. :)

14. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

:( I'm at a loss for words right now Val! But I will be back later with some special ones for you. :( Take care! Marlene *HUGS*

15. shortnpretty

shortnpretty

:(:(:(:( Oh Val!!!!!!!!!!!! I surely know how important family is, but your family here will miss you sorely. I know I'll be at the top of the list!! I've learned so very much from you!!

Like Jack............CYA LATER SUGAR!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice