1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What adults can learn from kids

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lotuseclat79, Apr 6, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids.

Child prodigy Adora Svitak says the world needs "childish" thinking: bold ideas, wild creativity and especially optimism.

All adults - listen (I did) - you might learn something!

-- Tom

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I was in the audience when this girl spoke -- she was AMAZING. (By the way, only 12 years old.)

3. northerndwarf

northerndwarf

:eek:
    I work with young people and one of the key points I picked up from this video is about expectation. Young People will gravitate to fulfilling the expectation of the adults that they are with. (on the whole and of course there are exceptions but they are few and far between) - my wife and I run a local youth theatre and we have very high expectations of the young people and we expect them to have a very high level of commitment to the productions. Because of this the shows turn out to be of a very high standard. And everyone, in the show, performs at a very high standard. (which is remarkable when you think that we don't have an audition process that eliminates anybody that wants to be involved - in other words everyone is accepted.) If everyone is expected how can everyone do a great performance. (high expectation)

I am laboring the point and on the verge of being redundent but I cannot stress how important I think this point is...

ok I am going back to my cup of cofee and hobnob now!

by the way thanks for posting this a very interesting and exciting video..

northerndwarf

4. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Wow, good stuff Tom. I emailed that link to a few friends...(y)

5. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

I enjoyed this indeed

6. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

When I finally retire fully, I intend to spend a lot of time listening to TED Talks, what a treasure.

When I first saw this thread, I thought of it as a question, my answer was "Unconditional Love".

7. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Hi eggplant,

Don't wait until you "plan" to retire - do it now, or you may never get the chance to "retire"!

-- Tom :)

P.S. Good Answer - I would add - Universal to that!

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Thanks for that

9. Bush Lady

Bush Lady

I am on dial-up, but I save the link on my desk top. Intend to download it tomorrow and listen to in. Even if it takes 2 hours to download.

But there is something I would like to say. We had someone living here before. He had bought himself a place here. He didn't want any electricity put in he place. His place looked like an amusment park. He always said, he was only playing. He was feeding the birds all the time. Had bird houses all over the place. Had rabbits running free for a long time. And you know what rabbits like to do. :D

The kids really liked his place.

He said he was playing. But he sure worked hard at it. He would come over here with his bicycle, look in the window and said "Martha come outside, its such and nice day."

His name was Adam Premo. He past away around Christmas in '98 and my Mother past away the next year on May the first.

10. KeithKman

KeithKman

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!