1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what and where is the RPC stub?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by davesgirl, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davesgirl

davesgirl Thread Starter

I need help locating the RPC stub on my pc, and what is an rpc stub and what does it do for the pc, the pc is badly messed up and anything i try to install or download I get the error message that says.... unhandled expection, then it gives me an error number, then it says, incompatible version of the RPC stub. Then my installation terminates. I can't even get onto the internet at all, i cant do anything with that computer, now i use a dell windows xp, but i was wanting to give the other pc to my son, but i can't do anything with it,, i dont have the money right now to fix it, but i really need to know what is a RPC stub and where it is located, if i knew where it was located i might be able to fix it,,maybe. and what does an RPC stub do for a pc.? It is a hewlett packard windows 98. If anyone can help me, i would greatly appreaite it. Thanks so much , andrea. my email address iis [email protected]

2. RonK

RonK

3. walkeriam

walkeriam

You may need to start your computer in SAFE MODE in order to restart in MS-DOS mode as RonK's link suggest.

To start your computer in safe mode:
    Windows 98/ME: As soon as you turn your computer on, press and hold the Ctrl key down until you see the Start Menu, and then select the Safe Mode.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode available in Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000. When starting your computer in safe mode, only the operating system and mouse, keyboard, and display drivers are loaded. You may be able to start your computer in safe mode when it otherwise would not start at all. Safe mode allows you to troubleshoot the operating system to determine what is not functioning properly. For example, adding new software or hardware to your computer can cause conflicts. Safe mode is a way to locate the problem. You can attempt to run an application or use a hardware device in safe mode to determine if it is the cause of an error or if the error lies elsewhere, such as in the operating system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice