1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are "other" files?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Keke1993, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Keke1993

Keke1993 Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I am currently attempting to use an Android emulator on my laptop. It now will not open due to insufficient storage space. I cleaned out all of my junk files and even got rid of some unwanted apps. I then noticed I have an "other" folder that is the bulk of my storage space and I cant see the files to delete them. Please help.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Uninstall the Android Emulator since it is useless with insufficient storage space.

3. Keke1993

Keke1993 Thread Starter

Bro. How is that helpful? The obvious whole reason I want to empty some of my D drive is because I WANT to use the emulator. I just need someone to tell me why i have a folder entitled "Other" and why can't I see the files in said folder? How do I delete the dang D drive files I dont need? Ive even compressed them. Only freed up 1.3GB.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Can you show us a screenshot of where you see this "other" being listed? Are you using a program that is showing you this, if so what program?

5. Keke1993

Keke1993 Thread Starter

Sorry i am late. Busy work day yesterday. I have attached the folder and then a snip of inside the folder. You will notice it is holding a lot of stuff but i cant see what exactly. storage.PNG insidefolder.PNG

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Still not sure what program is generating that, can you tell us what you using to get that?

Download TreeSize instead, it will give you a directory by directory listing that you can browse and see exactly what is what: https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice