1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are some of the better trojan/malware programs out there?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Iowabucks, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Iowabucks

Iowabucks Thread Starter

Hey everyone, Just got another bout of "Your computer is infected!!! Buy our cleaner!!" cleaned out of my computer today.

I have about 6 malware/trojan/virus scanners that i run once a month and i can say hands down the best is Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. I also have Spybot, A-Squared Free, AVG. Advanced System Protector, Spyware Blaster, and i run Windows Defender also. These other programs only seem to pick up cookies. Whenever i have a real problem with my computer, these find cookies and Malware Bytes find the trojans. I don't know what i would do without it.

Any free malware programs out there you would recommend for the hard to get rid of malware? Never hurts to have more good programs.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

The more advanced tools would honestly get rid of most trojans. But we don't usually recommend those to people who aren't familiar with them. Maybe try SuperAntispyware?

Do you also apply Windows Updates? Keep Java updated? Etc..

3. Iowabucks

Iowabucks Thread Starter

I downloaded SuperAntispyware and it found 500 cookies. Seems to be one of the better ones for finding all your cookies. Thanks.

I do keep everything updated.

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

I'd have to agree that MalwareBytes really is one of the best ones out there.

Are you finding that you're getting infected often?

5. Iowabucks

Iowabucks Thread Starter

I would say maybe 3 times a year. Thats with doing alot of internet surfing.

I have all my antivirus and malware programs set up to be the least intrusive. I don't like resource hogs that may slow my computer down. So i don't really have any real time protectors, i just try to update and run everything i have every month or so.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Run a quick scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware at least once a month(after you first update their definition files), then select and remove everything they find.

Doing that will keep malware and spyware and other problems in check. (y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!