1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are the signs of an optical mouse going bad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mobius8041, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mobius8041

Mobius8041 Thread Starter

I have a small optical mouse for my laptop. It's tiny, about a couple of inches long, and an inch or so wide. It has a retractable cable on one of those spring operated spools. I had had it for a while before I really started using it. I've used it for about a year now and sometimes it will randomly disconnect itself. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to 'kick-start' it. The light stays on when it disconnects itself. Does this sound like the optical mouse is going bad?

2. bp936

bp936

My optical mouse needs ever so often a new battery, I don't know if your little one would be the same or if it gets power with the cable.
    The cables do go broke after so many times being bent, that is what I found, just wiggling the cable gets a good connection, but as soon as it is moved, it looses connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985425