What are these 2 new programs listed upon StartUp?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scolter

Hello!
I am very happy to have found your website tonight, as I'm trying to find out what on earth these 2 new programs are I noticed listed as running upon StartUp? I always have to do the "Crt-Alt-Del" right after starting up or rebooting computer and remove any unneeded programs when I play my beloved Pogo games - so that they run better. ;)
Tonight I noticed there were 2 new programs listed that aren't normally there:
these 2 files are: Rundll32 and loadqm
Could you please tell me what on earth these programs are, what they do, and if they are necessary, or if they need to be deleted, are dangerous, and removal info, etc?
Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time,
scolter

From LIUtilities:

Process File: loadqm or loadqm.exe

Process Name: MSN Queue Manager Loader

Description:
MSN Queue Manager Loader, a service that is installed with MSN Explorer and MSN Messenger. It can use a lot of system resources.

Company: Microsoft Corp.

System Process: No

Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No

Process File: rundll32 or rundll32.exe

Process Name: Rundll32

Description:
Microsoft "Run a DLL as an App". RUNDLL32 is the Microsoft Windows program that loads DLLs into memory so that they can be used by specific programs or by Windows.
Company: Microsoft Corp.

System Process: Yes

Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No

They are both Windows processes.

If you want greater in-depth info, just type the name into Google.

etaf

Wayne
there are two great websites which provide information on startup programs - i use them all the time to help people improve there PC performance by removing all the junk programs insist on putting in startup

http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/index.php
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

You can also copy the files into a post and we can advise by
run msinfo32
software environment
startup programs
highlight them all
control C [this will copy to clipboard]
then

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Scolter:

It helps to mention which Windows operating system you're using.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). Everything listed there with a checkmark next to it is loads during startup and runs in the background. Most of these can be unchecked and disabled. The ones that you always want to leave checked are:

ScanRegistry

SystemTray

StateMgr (if you're using Windows ME)

Antivirus program

Firewall program

LOADQM is one that can be unchecked and disabled.

Click the link below and read the article on MSCONFIG.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online