what are these?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Low Mein

recently found two programs in my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE: Kasperskylab and Pocketsoft that I was unaware had been installed on my machine and don't know what they are. From a search on the net Kasperskylab appears to be an antivirus script blocker while pocketsoft appears to be a program RTpatch used by developers for updating and patching. I have begun using Micro Trend's free online housecall antivirus scan and it's both were installed through that program. Anyone familiar with these?

I have earlier used a free program called BackWorks which was form Kasperskylabs. It was an Anti-Trojan Software and has once upon a time successfully detected and delete a few trojans from my machine. I have stopped using that one long back.

I don't know much about Pocketsoft, but I feel I have heard about it somewhere before.

Low Mein

abv
thanks for the help. I backed up the registry and deleted both with no problems. Apparently left over keys from god knows what

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online