1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what are these?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Low Mein, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Low Mein

Low Mein Thread Starter

recently found two programs in my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE: Kasperskylab and Pocketsoft that I was unaware had been installed on my machine and don't know what they are. From a search on the net Kasperskylab appears to be an antivirus script blocker while pocketsoft appears to be a program RTpatch used by developers for updating and patching. I have begun using Micro Trend's free online housecall antivirus scan and it's both were installed through that program. Anyone familiar with these?

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I have earlier used a free program called BackWorks which was form Kasperskylabs. It was an Anti-Trojan Software and has once upon a time successfully detected and delete a few trojans from my machine. I have stopped using that one long back.

I don't know much about Pocketsoft, but I feel I have heard about it somewhere before.

3. Low Mein

Low Mein Thread Starter

abv
    thanks for the help. I backed up the registry and deleted both with no problems. Apparently left over keys from god knows what

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

You are welcome :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice