What are you reading?

Puntfirst

The Adventure of "I", A journey to the centre of Reality.

(Pretty heavy Stuff)..

ekim68

Mike
I normally post in the Fiction Book reading section and lately I've been reading non-fiction.. :eek: Over the last month or so I've read The Apprentice by Jacques Pepin and after that it was Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly and today I started in on Einstein by Walter Isaacson... I thoroughly enjoyed the first two and I'm into the last one.. :cool:

valis

The Berkut, alternate history about the ending of Hitler...

valis

Just started A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking and so far so good.. ;)
canNOT believe you've not read that before....next up for you should be Bryson's 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'...great read...

(Pretty heavy Stuff)..
I'm reading Goldlfinger by Ian Flemming. Its pretty good too. I'm seeing the differences between the Movie James Bond and the literary James Bond, and they are HUGE. lol
In the book, James Bond is a man troubled by his lifestyle, by the people he's killed and things he's had to do. He drinks but not to excess and he's untroubled by the number of sexual conquests because he's a great lover. He has intimacy with no one and that bothers him. He has no family and he only socializes with the people at work. He does secret agent work because it "pays the bills." He also hates paperwork and bureaucracy.

In the movies we see 007 as a two dimensional character, with no soul, background or personality.

ekim68

Mike
I finished A Brief History of Time and I'm gonna need a week to sort things out.. :cool:

(Pretty heavy Stuff)..
I am reading Born a Crime by the Daily Show's Trevor Noah. Its all about his childhood in South Africa. If you think Blacks have it bad here you should go to South Africa before Aparteid ended. Interracial marriage banned, blacks talking to whites banned. The highest rank a Black could reach in the Army was sargeant. And you could be put to death for having sex with a white woman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online