What are you thankful for?

ekim68

Mike
And a good looking family by the way. Happy Thanksgiving to you Mike.

dotty999

Dotty
I'm eternally grateful for having had wonderful parents who are sadly no longer here. I miss them each and every day..

Family Also

Mike, love them with all your heart, because one day you will be like me with a 50 year old baby boy and wonder where the time went.

Last edited:
I am thankful for my parents who made me rich beyond measure with gifts of faith in God, family, patriotic pride, respect for others, tolerance and compassion. I consider myself to be fortunate to have them as parents. My dad and other relatives are missed beyond measure.

My dad passed away approximately 19 years ago the day before thanksgiving. He suffered a sudden heart attack while volunteering at Hertz Rental car company after retirement.

My dad was diagnosed with an Aortic Aneurysm. I suspected the reason was due to the car jack collapsing and the car came down on my dad's chest. I noticed that after working on the car a few times he came into the house holding his chest and told my mom to call 911 after she noticed him on the floor clutching his chest and hollering for help. My dad lived beyond the life expectancy for his condition. My dad lived 20 years past his life expectancy. He was physically strong willed and determined to survive.

My dad owned his own private detective agency and sold the business and moved on to become a various salesmen that included car sales, MTA Truck Driving lessons, men's clothing store and initiating sales of many other various products.

I am thankful for the physician and medical team that saved my husbands life after conducting a nuclear stress test that indicated he was having a heart attack! He was diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease. My husband kept experiencing chest pains at random. His main artery was clogged at about 98 percent! My husband was scheduled for surgery on Valentines Day approximately seven years ago to have a medicated stent inserted into his main artery to prevent clogging. I thank god everyday that he is still here with me alive and well. He is doing great so far. :love:

My dad was employed as an assistant manager for a very nice motel and permitted us to stay in any room chosen for experimental purposes as part of the grand opening.

My dad was once employed as a prison security guard and transitioned from there to become a Chamber of Commerce member in Bozwell.

My dad was a member of the flying club and had the keys to the club house. I remember when my dad took the family to the airport restaurant and the food was delicious. My dad also took my sister and I to the radar towers to educate us when we were small children. I remember when my dad introduced me to his friend Clark who owned a Cessna and permitted me to fly the plane at the age of 12! I was pushing at an up and down volocity like as if we were on a rollercoaster! My dad scared me when he told me to be careful not to place us in a spin and I immediately told Clark to take over.

My dad owned a gun collection. His gun collection included a 22 rifle, 12 gage, Western handgun, 38 Special, 357 Magnum PI, Caliber Pistol and possibly a few others. My dad took me target shooting and he had to catch me because the 12 gage had a powerful kickback! If any boys approached either my sister or I they found themselves staring into my dad's double barrel shotgun as a warning not to break our hearts!

My dad took us on many outings and enjoyed long drives with family. We stopped at many restaurants along the way. I remember my dad taking us to state parks like Idlewild park, Hershey Park, Seaworld in Ohio, The Washington DC Whitehouse, Cheese house and Gene Boots Candy Store as well as attending many state parks with beaches and as a family we enjoyed picnics and swimming at the beach.

I am so proud of my dad's many accomplishments.(y)

My dad will always be with the angels watching over me from above and will always be in my heart and sadly missed by all. He was a people person with a big heart. ❤

I am grateful that I still have my mom who is healthy at the age of 74. Who knows! Maybe she will live to become Smucker queen!:love:

I don't know what I would do without her. Love her so much and I hope to see her well into the golden years.💖

Last edited:

Johnny b

John
I am thankful for many things, like a comfortable home, abundant food, a lack of debts and having had loving parents.

Included:
My sister. Living in Connecticut, took an early Easter visit because she couldn't reach me and found me 5 days after I had passed out from a brain tumor.
I am also thankful for the neurosurgeon that saved my life.
That was almost 5 years ago.

I am thankful for being alive.

I'm thankful TSG took me back.

I am thankful for many things, like a comfortable home, abundant food, a lack of debts and having had loving parents.

Included:
My sister. Living in Connecticut, took an early Easter visit because she couldn't reach me and found me 5 days after I had passed out from a brain tumor.
I am also thankful for the neurosurgeon that saved my life.
That was almost 5 years ago.

I am thankful for being alive.

I'm thankful TSG took me back.
I am so sorry you had that experience Johnny. I imagine that must have been scary for both of you!😰

I am glad your okay, thanks to your sister who appears heroic and thank god she took an early Easter break. She must be an Amazing sister. (y)

My husband once went out on his daily jog years ago when he resided with his brother and after the jog my husband noticed his brother was having a heat stroke and he was passed out so he called 911 and saved his brother's life! My husband also rescued an intellectually impaired couple after their home caught fire! He rushed into the burning house and brought them out safely! My husband is a hero! I thank god every day for my heroic and loving husband.:love:

These humanistic qualities are truly something to be Thankful for. I can think of a million ways to be thankful. ❤:)(y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online