1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are your opinions on this desktop system?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitewillow, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whitewillow

Whitewillow Thread Starter

I'm looking to get a new computer and I've been thinking on this one. I really only browse the web and I'm not a hardcore gamer, I'll play guild wars now and then but that's about it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03520552&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5296934#N94

I do have some questions. I'm on dial up..I know..I know...but it's all I can get here. Now, I understand there is no modem in this system, I've yet to come across any new computers that have modems anymore, anyways would it be possible to buy a modem and put it in this computer? I'm not seeing where there are any expansion or upgrade slots listed expect for the memory.

I was also considering this one. I don't really need the 1TB I don't think. I don't save a bunch of music or pictures or anything. And this one clearly states it's expandable/upgradable. But it's got a smaller processor and just smaller all around. Bigger is better right?

http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/DT.GDYAA.001

Again I would have to add a modem to it and I can always upgrade the ram later on.
    :confused: Any advice? I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Simba7

Simba7

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    I like Simba7's suggestion too :)

5. Simba7

Simba7

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    the Asus that Simba7 linked to does have 2 PCI slots, so the addition of a dialup modem would work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice